Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Image Transfer on Clay

I got a nice surprise in the mail yesterday! Although this book came out months ago, my copy seems to have been circling the earth for a while, but has finally landed on my doorstep. I felt a bit fancy as I flicked through its glossy pages and found my shiny little image!! (that's me on the bottom right). It’s called Image Transfer on Clay (sexy huh), and has all kinds of cool techniques for – you guessed it – transferring imagery onto clay.

Speaking of which, I’m knee deep in decals today – designing and cutting and pasting and sticking. Every now and then my dear sweet computer gets a bit tuckered out, a bit weary, and decides to kick back and take its sweet time….it’s sweet sweeeeeeeeeeet time….and it always seems to happen just after I’ve had my morning coffee and am wired and ready to go! Grrrr. It’s like a little orchestra here in my office, a soundtrack of impatience and frustration as I groan and whine, drumming my fingers on the desk, while the computer hums and huffs and puffs and creaks and beeps its way along. But I shouldn’t complain – there’s days when I feel like that too.

7 comments:

simone said...

oh ah you little star!!
Latest Vogue living has Gwyn hanson pigot (or however you spell her name!!!) in it...
xoxoox

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! great page placement too. Thanks for the shot of your work table, it is interesting to have that incite into the before stage of your work. Keep it up!

Cusp said...

Just a quick comment to say how much I enjoy the blog, your witty work and links to other's: broadening my artistic horizons. Thanks to Amanda Watson-Will for leading me here

Mel Robson said...

aaaw thanks cusp! Nice of you to say. And you too Simone and Miss Dot!

Florence Forrest said...

I've tagged you this time! for a "seven facts/habits about me" meme. see my blog for the details :)

Wonderful to see your work in such a great book.

xx

Allison Dawn said...

quick question - what material are you using to transfer the images to your pieces? really great work!

Mel Robson said...

Hi Allison, i use decals. i have them custom made for me.