Monday, February 26, 2007

little miss sunshine

I’ve got this yellow thing going on lately. I keep making yellow things. It all started when Craft Victoria had their Yellow Christmas. I’d never made anything yellow in my life. Never wanted to. Never really liked yellow. But I thought I’d give it a go. Just out of curiosity. And now look at me. Yellow yellow yellow. I’ve even mixed up a big bucket of yellow slip. Now that’s a commitment to yellow. I looked up the psychological meaning of the colour yellow, and it seems it means everything from warmth, earthiness, happiness, cowardice, peace, death, danger, cheerfulness, trouble and strife and joy! Geez. I’m in for a big few months if this keeps up.

6 comments:

simone said...

yellow.... radiance,joy,sunshine, happiness, delight!!! Love your yellow pieces.
xxooxo

Anonymous said...

these are gorgeous pieces! love the music notes and the bellied birdies. lovely, lovely, lovely.

Anonymous said...

oh yes, lovely buttery goodness! can I have some scale though? I would love to know the dimensions... love them all. :-)

Mel Robson said...

only little things...6cm x 6cm, and the birds are 6cm x 5cm. they have a little hole in the back and sit on the wall.

thanks for your nice comments all! I have some little yellow jugs in the same vein on the go too...should be ready in the next week or so...maybe....

Jade said...

such good yellowness!
beautiful

Anonymous said...

lovely site. I'm exploring colour this year as a way of focusing my ideas. This month it is yellow and boy am I struggling. These pieces are just devine. Love them!